Kerikeri and the Bay of Islands is gorgeous to visit any time of the year but if you head here in early autumn, you’ll avoid the crowds and the queues and be able to make the most of the warm weather. New Zealand’s Far North is lucky enough to enjoy a sub tropical climate where even the Autumn and Winter months mean many sunny days, and the temperatures are in the mid teens, often over 20 C. A mild and comfortable climate, making it a great time to get outdoors and explore the region without masses of other visitors.
This is the perfect haven to relax and unwind. There are plenty of beaches to choose from, as well as some great restaurants and cafes. Spend a weekend here or spend a week!
Some things to do:
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- Explore the many bays and beaches
- Take a boat cruise around the islands
- Visit Rainbow Falls – one of the most stunning waterfalls in the country
- Visit the magnificent Kauri rain forests
- The Kawiti glow worm caves
- The Stone Store and our historic mission houses
- Lunch at Marsden Estate winery or looking our over the Bay at the Duke of Marlborough
- Horseriding, parasailing, parachuting
- Cycle and walking trails
We’ve reintroduced our wonderful Autumn Retreat this year and, along with a full selection of SKY movies and sport, you can retreat to your own glorious private space for the evening. And you can order a two course dinner to be delivered by a private chef. Check it out here.